BOOK CLUB DISCUSSION QUESTIONS
have been so many people requesting book club discussion points for the
paranormal romance series Demon Kissed by H.M. Ward that I created
discussion questions. There are many philosophies behind the Demon
Kissed series including predestination, fate, concepts of good and evil,
and questions of love and loyalty. As this series progresses, these
topics become more pronounced and are an excellent choice for book
clubs. You can order the Demon Kissed series for your book club and receive
a group rate on orders of 20 or more. Please contact me for details.
KISSED (Book #1)
- Is anyone purely good? Or purely
- What does this book say about destiny/
- Do you think we have a choice about what happens to
- Can something that's done in the name of "goodness" become
- How does that happen?
- What do you think about the idea of
"gray" that Ward introduces? She places Ivy square in the
middle between the Martis (pure good) and the Valefar (pure evil).
Ivy's supposed to be both. Do you think most people are both?
do you think about Ward's idea of a soul mate?
- Is there such a thing as
a soul? Can you really damage it?
- What makes Collin an appealing
- Why do women prefer him over Eric in this novel?
- Is Ivy brave for descending into Hell? Or is it
- Should Sister Al have stopped her?
- What about
Shannon? Did her best friend have an obligation to stop her?
did you think of Eric's trial?
- Was Eric wrong for sparing
Ivy? Did he deserve his punishment?
- What did you think of Collin
taking Ivy's place in Hell? Was that brave or selfish?
- What did
you think of Ward's Underworld/ Hell?
- What would attack you if you were
trapped in the Lorren?
- What did you think of what happened to Eric at
the end of the book?
- Was Ivy's final decision in this book brave?
TORN (Book #3)
- Is Collin a night in
- Does Collin's ability to cry make him weak?
- What makes a
man a good person?
- Can a good man be evil? How?
- How did you
think Ivy dealt with Eric in this book?
- Do you think Eric's past colored
his temper in this book?
- What do you think of Shannon?
friendship perishable? What limits does it have?
- Ivy continues to
deteriorate in this book, but she still fights her destiny. Did you think
she should have accepted her fate?
- Would accepting her fate
have changed her destiny?
- How did Sister Al play into Ivy's fate?
- Sister Al allowed Ivy to make her own choices. Should she have
allowed her that freedom when the stakes are so high?
SATAN'S STONE (Book #4)
did you think of Ivy and Eric's relationship in this book?
- The sexual tension between Eric and Ivy cranked up in this book, but
they hate each other. Do you think Eric really despises Ivy?
- What do you think of Collin as the story progresses?
- Is his lack of interfering good or bad?
- Does Collin trust Ivy? How can you tell?
- Is Ivy becoming evil as the series progresses? Why or why not?
- Do you think Lorren's apathy/ dislike of Ivy propelled Ivy toward
her dark fate faster? Why?
- Should Ivy have told Collin that she needed her soul back?
- Are soul mates forever? Or can life bust them apart?
- Was Ivy weak for making the blood bargain with the Demon Princess?
THE 13th PROPHECY (Book #5)
- Is Ivy good or evil in this book? What about Eric and
Collin? What makes you think so?
- What did you think of the nature of Ivy's relationship with
- Was Ivy a good friend to Eric? Or was she allowing him to use her in
ways she shouldn't have?
- What does it mean to be vulnerable, both in Ivy's destiny and with
her relationship to Eric? Is that good or bad?
- Was Ivy's vulnerability to help Eric with his curse worth the cost
of that friendship? Why?
- Was Ivy faithful to Collin in this book? Why?
- Did Lorren make a mistake by not trusting Ivy to start with?
Why or why not?
- In the end, what do you think drove Shannon to her final
- Was Kreterus' desire for Ivy honorable? Should she have
considered his desired domination over her & her
- Ivy lied throughout the series to protect herself, and as a result,
her curse exposed her completely. Was lying justified? Or
are there shades of gray where a good person can lie and still be
- Did Ivy become the evil Demon Queen that the prophecy
predicted? How come?
Like me on facebook!